Re: KCS "DF" Boxcar

StephenK

Good point.   I should have been more specific.

The car  shown in the photo is a 40' plug door car, painted box car red.   The lettering to the left of the door is minimal.   Reporting marks  "K.C.S." Car Number 1701, and data.    Right of the door, a big rectangle with  DF inside and the word "insulated" beneath, and the data.   The lettering looks like it is white, and all is in Roman Style.

I am lousy at identifying car builders, etc., but this car has a "bowtie" style roof.

Of course, I have no way of knowing if the model is correct!

S Kay