New Haven AAR Roof question NHRHTA Shoreliner ~ Question

Greg Martin

Hey Yuze Gize,

I have a question regarding the terminology used in the folios of the cars regarding the "type" of roof. It clearly states that the roof were "Hutchins Dry Lading riveted type all steel". I am very familiar with what we refer to as the Hutchins Dry Lading roof and it's appearance. I guess my question really is was the "raise flat panel roof" the standard that the car part suppliers were stamping at the time? Was this under a licence agreement to another producer. The photos show a flat rectangular raised panel

I don't want to start a thread regarding the misuse of terminology so please let's not go there. I just wanted to know if there was a "stamping" or "design" that all the parts suppliers were using under an agreement?

Maybe this is a rhetorical but I really just want to confirm it.

TIA

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean