Re: ANDREWS TRUCKS

Benjamin Hom

Bill Pardie asked:
" I got a pair of Accurail Andrews trucks on when I compared them to Tahoe Models trucks I noticed that the distance between the [axles] was slightly greater on the Accurail trucks.  As I am constantly reviewing my completed models as well as those in progress and this discrepancy sort of hit home. I have a completed Westerfield S-40-4 stock car on which the trucks (Accurail) seemed a bit long. This may have been emphasized by the fact that the stock car is a 36' car.

Has anyone else noticed this and just what is the actual [axle] spacing on Andrews trucks?"

You do realize that prototype trucks come in a variety of wheelbases?

Ben Hom
"Axel" is a cop from Detroit...