From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Tuesday, February 23, 2016 4:34 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Re: ANDREWS TRUCKS

      One important Andrews spotting feature is the tie bars which hold the bottom of the journal boxes. The USRA version, often modeled, has two short tie bars extending horizontally on either side of the spring package opening in the sideframe. An earlier Andrews design used a single, long tie bar that ran beneath the bottom of the sideframe and connected to the journal boxes on either side. This is the design modeled by the Kadee Andrews truck, their number 509. I am aware of the latter mostly because the Andrews trucks used by SP were predominantly of the long-tie-bar type.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...

Publishers of books on railroad history