Re: Railroad paint subsitutes/Alternatively Badger Modelflex Acrylic Paint

Bill Welch

Alternatively I suggest a fine Acrylic paint. Here is a link to Badger's Modelfex RR Paint chart. They offer four Boxcar Red/Brown colours and other specific RR colours.

It is a water based Acrylic so it can be shipped I think. I thin it when necessary w/Distilled Water and use water and 91% Isopropyl alcohol for cleanup. I spray at 20 PSI w/a Siphon Feed airbrush and 16-18 PSI w/a Gravity feed. Best results come w/at least a .5mm tip/needle combo but better are .66mm (Passche Talon); .7mm (GREX Tritium): or .75mm (Badger 105 or 155).

Bill Welch