What if ?? Re: Re: ] Chrysler Trucks

mwbauers

I wonder when this sort of rare item and modelers need topic pops up…..

If a picture like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/s3MAAOSwgQ9V36wV/s-l1600.jpg

as seen in the link is viable to remake as a scale drawing that goes to be a laser cut or 3d print final file ??? [If its a car side a laser project seems more likely]

The idea works best with a prototype shot where you’re not modeling a model and copying the models errors. But I see so many really good flat-on pictures in discussions of ‘where-can-I-find’ threads of the 'why don’t they make’ discussion themes.

And in those, it seems that the needed raw source is actually right in front of them, certainly when there are no existing in-production commercial models.

Assuming you have access to a laser cutter or 3d printer of your’s or another's, can it be easy enough to start with the photo? I’m assuming that who ever does the redraw or whatever needed graphics work from the photo is comfortable working with his choice of software to make his cut or print file.

Back to the truck side, the picture seems to enough to remake it, via re-draws with selective 3d lufting [sp?] and final scaling. Often its a similar real-world shot instead of a model shot.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Feb 26, 2016, at 3:25 AM, fred@janszholding. wrote:

Although a bit out of my price range, plus they're equipped with the oh so 'unprototypical' (according to some...) springs I like these too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/311522985459?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&;ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I find a car that ran in 1950 (the year I model), fitted with Chrysler trucks (any tips?) I'll score a set.
Cheers!
Fred 'WP' Jansz, The Netherlands