Re: What if ?? Re: Re: ] Chrysler Trucks

mwbauers

However……

When a shot is all that exists on/of a target item, you take into consideration the points you bring up and your drawing or file that must be made, takes that into account.

Those points and flaws were considered, long before they were brought up here.

So, adjusting for that….. would it work well enough?

Remember, there are many modeling wants for which the official drawings can’t be located.

And so…...

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Feb 26, 2016, at 12:08 PM, BRIAN PAUL EHNI bpehni@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

Your best be would be a 3D laser scanner on a real Chrysler truck.

Thanks!
--

Brian Ehni

From: STMFC List <STMFC@...> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Date: Friday, February 26, 2016 at 11:56 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: What if ?? Re: [STMFC] Re: ] Chrysler Trucks

Mike,

No, for 3 reasons:
#1 NEVER model from models - there are both prototype photos and drawings available for this truck.
#2 The photo has quality issues such as blurriness and resolution.
#3, truck side frames are 3 dimensional and thus a single side-on shot is insufficient.

Regards

Bruce

Bruce F. Smith

Auburn, AL

On Feb 26, 2016, at 11:48 AM, STMFC@... wrote:

I wonder when this sort of rare item and modelers need topic pops up…..

If a picture like this

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/s3MAAOSwgQ9V36wV/s-l1600.jpg

as seen in the link is viable to remake as a scale drawing that goes to be a laser cut or 3d print final file ??? [If its a car side a laser project seems more likely]

The idea works best with a prototype shot where you’re not modeling a model and copying the models errors. But I see so many really good flat-on pictures in discussions of ‘where-can-I-find’ threads of the 'why don’t they make’ discussion themes.

And in those, it seems that the needed raw source is actually right in front of them, certainly when there are no existing in-production commercial models.

Assuming you have access to a laser cutter or 3d printer of your’s or another's, can it be easy enough to start with the photo? I’m assuming that who ever does the redraw or whatever needed graphics work from the photo is comfortable working with his choice of software to make his cut or print file.

Back to the truck side, the picture seems to enough to remake it, via re-draws with selective 3d lufting [sp?] and final scaling. Often its a similar real-world shot instead of a model shot.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Feb 26, 2016, at 3:25 AM, fred@janszholding. wrote:

Although a bit out of my price range, plus they're equipped with the oh so 'unprototypical' (according to some...) springs I like these too: http://www.ebay.com/itm/311522985459?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I find a car that ran in 1950 (the year I model), fitted with Chrysler trucks (any tips?) I'll score a set.
Cheers!
Fred 'WP' Jansz, The Netherlands