Re: Trucks

Tony Thompson

Tim O'Connor wrote:

well, you know, to each his own... :-) I was very happy with the Tahoe Andrews
truck, and for some cars I'm fine with Accurail's nicely done Andrews. Vulcans
are way cool, but too early for me. No interest.

     I am more than happy with the Tahoe USRA Andrews truck, and as you say, the Accurail version is good too. The Kadee is a DIFFERENT truck, and some may say, "who cares," but the answer is, SP fans. The SP used the long-tie-bar style on a bunch of cars, including work equipment quite late. So they are NOT interchangeable, Tim, despite what you apparently think.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history