Re: DT&I gon - a perspective

Mark Stamm

Update

Chet French was kind enough to speak with Jim Singer of 5th Avenue Car Shops who produced the original decals for the 2010 Coco Beach Shake N Take car on our behalf.  He just recently sold the last set, but is planning to run more.  Chet told him of the current demand for 14 sets, but since my email exchange with Chet the demand has risen to 18 and I think Outlook lost another private email asking for 8 more!  Chet informed me that Jim does not have a computer so the only way to contact him is by snail mail at his business address below.  I do not at this time know the price per set or when they will be available.  In the mean time I suggest you check Jim’s webpage at http://www.accurail.com/accurail/art/custom/carshops/carshops.htm periodically for their return.  Hopefully we will see something on Jim’s website in the near future.

Thank you Chet for brokering the discussion with Jim and thank you to everyone who shared their knowledge of this freight car.  One year I’ll get to the Bash at the Beach and participate in the Shake N Take fun.

Regards,

Mark

Mark Stamm

Modeling the Mighty Pennsy in 1949