Re: mid 30's ORER help - CPR 23xxxx series SS boxcars

Tony Thompson

Rob Kirkham wrote:

Hi there I’m trying to complete a history on these cars.  Unfortunately, right around the interesting time when the railway was starting to re-build the cars (without grain hoppers at the side doors), I have an ORER vacuum from 1932 to April 1938.

Presumably on account of the Depression, the ORER greatly reduced frequency from about 1932 until 1937, barely an issue a year. And though it had been monthly before 1932, it returned as a quarterly.

(510) 540-6538; fax, (510) 540-1937; e-mail, tony@...
Publishers of books on railroad history