From: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com> on behalf of STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Date: Thursday, March 3, 2016 at 10:27 AM
To: STMFC List <STMFC@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: [STMFC] canopy cement/plastic kit from hell

I'm not surprised Central Valley had only one injection molded freight car kit.

The parts are very nice but getting them together is a lot of work. The plastic is hard to cut/sand. Plastruct solvent cement works, but evaporates almost immediately.

Neither Ambroid or Duco cement held the parts I had to fiddle with. Trying everything I could think of (even took out the dreaded tube of Goo) I tried Pacer canopy cement and it worked like a charm.

Used the canopy cement to put on the roof walk and it worked great.

I just hope the canopy cement paints OK, unlike white glue.

That plastic would be good for stirrup steps. It's definitely not ordinary styrene.

Ed Mines