From: "jimbetz jimbetz@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, March 3, 2016 1:03 PM
Subject: [STMFC] The History of Shipping Bulk Cement

Hi all,

  This thread was born as "Covered Hoppers - for Cement".

    Although there have been a few posts on the referenced thread
this part of my question has gone essentially unanswered ...

  What I'm looking for is the kind of -general- historical information
that covers questions such as

    1) When were cement hoppers commonly in use (as opposed
          to the earliest experiments - which I know about )?

    2) Was I wrong in my general statements about how far -most-
          bulk cement was moved in covered hoppers?

  All - I am not talking about concrete - I'm interested in the
bulk cement hauls (before, during, and after the transition to
using 'dedicated service' covered hoppers).
  At least one thing I learned from the prior thread was about
the use of "bulk containers in gons" in the early days.  Thanks
for that detail/piece of information.
                        - Jim B.

Posted by: jimbetz <jimbetz@...>

<*> Your email settings: