Re: P2K 10K tank car replacement railing

Bob Christensen

I saw this conversation and remembered something I learned from airplane modelers.  The .019 Detail Associates wire fits inside the .8mm tubing made by Albion Alloys.  I just tested it out.  You can cut the tubing to length using a scalpel.  You place the tubing on a hard surface  and roll it back and forth a few times at the spot where you want to cut it.  Then just snap it off and it breaks clean.  I tried it and was amazed I could get usable pieces less than 2mm long.
Bob Christensen