Re: Monon gondola spiral ends - the Shops

Michael Aufderheide

Richard,

Paul is correct that the Shops was the name of Chad's Monon model business.  As a Monon modeler myself, I benefited a great deal from his creativity and I have too many of his kits to count.  Chad did offer the spiral ends to retrofit the Intermountain USRA gon.  I have a few pairs, but the part was rather thick as a resin casting.  After seeing Jack Burgess's clinic at Naperville last year, I was inspired to 3D model the ends and have Shapeways print them.  You can see them here if you want a set:

Monon Spiral Gondola End by MononInMonon on Shapeways

The price is the direct cost from them, I haven't marked it up. The material is very thin and strong, sort of like a thin guitar pick.

Regards,

Mike Aufderheide