Re: What to do with empty rolling stock boxes

mwbauers

A small warning bell just sounded……

Let us not forget that the brass model part of our hobby has a long track record of bare foam chemically attacking the models over undetermined amounts of time.

I think we can never be certain if the foam we use is aged enough to be weeping gases and chemicals that will damage our models from the on-going breakdown of the foam.

I’d say that the plastic wrap is a must-do caution with foam packing. Just one model with damaged paint and decal from being cradled in old foam for a short time is one too many.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Mar 9, 2016, at 11:24 AM, 'Douglas Harding' wrote:

Tom. I have also seen people wrap cars in plastic wrap (like used in the kitchen) first, then insert into the foam rubber. This way parts are not caught by the foam. And if a part does fall off it is contained within the plastic wrap and not lost.

Generally I am not transporting models back and forth to shows. My focus is on the inevitable move that occurs, when everything must be packed for the movers to handle.

Doug Harding