Re: tanks under wraps

Dennis Storzek

---In STMFC@..., <smithbf@...> wrote :

Dennis,

They did indeed ship captured weapons home for testing, with much of it going to Aberdeen Proving Grounds (once home to our illustrious leader!).  However, I’m used to seeing those “prizes of war” prominently displayed for the public to view “the enemy”.  I’ll probably have a load or two of foreign armor being sent for evaluation.

Regards

Bruce

Maybe not this early, however. It seems November - December 1942 would have been the first chance for the US to get it's hands on German armor, after the landings in Algeria, and early 1943 it could still be in transit and considered a secret. It would be cool if Delano had noted what the movement he photographed actually was, but he may well not have known.

Dennis Storzek