Re: Bulk Cement Shipments - Models

Aley, Jeff A

Rich,

Try the 1,958 cu-ft LO’s from Intermountain or Bowser.  On the UP example I cited earlier in this thread, almost all of the cars were home-road.  So I suggest either lettering the cars for your home road, or selecting a prototype roadname that is adjacent to your proto-freelanced RR.

I think you can also get away with 2-bay PS-2 hoppers, which were brand-new in your timeframe.  You’ll have to check specific roadnames to ensure they had them in 1955.  Models are made by Kadee and MDC (I suppose Athearn has them now (?)) .

Regards,

-Jeff

Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2016 6:40 PM
To: STMFC@...
Subject: [STMFC] Bulk Cement Shipments - Models

I have been following the BULK CEMENT conversations with great interest.  Having grown up in Elizabeth, NJ, about two block from the Eport yard I remember seeing cars with gray streaks on them: now I know what they were.  For me, the million dollar question is, what models exist?  I'm on a very tight budget, but that will not preclude me from building a "fleet of cars" over time.  I am modeling the fall of 1955.  I am not modeling a specific prototype, but rather proto-lancing and minimally would like to have prototype cars running on the layout.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rich Ramik

Join main@RealSTMFC.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.