Re: Intermountain NRC reefer

ROGER HINMAN

CUD 2-60 is the reweigh date showing the car was at the NRC shops in Cudahy, Wisconsin in Feb 1960. The build date on these cars was Sep 1953. In using the Intermountain car you will not have the DSI roofs an end that were a distinctive feature on these cars

Rober Hinman

On Mar 21, 2016, at 6:03 PM, Tim O'Connor timboconnor@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

It depends on the style of lettering. There were MDT-IC reefers in 1956
that used Roman style lettering. I think NYC began using Gothic lettering
12/1955. NRC followed the same lettering practice (changed from Roman to
Gothic) as NYC, MDT, but I don't know the exact date of the change.

So bottom line, if the lettering is Roman, I'd say you're good. If Gothic,
then I'm not certain -- the earliest Gothic NRC-IC reefer I've seen is from
June 1958

Tim O'Connor