Re: C&O 36 foot double sheathed boxcar

Eric Hansmann

I'm away from my resources, but I recall the NMRA 1943 ORER reprint listed a decent proportion of 36-foot box cars for the C&O. They had installed about 5000 of the 1937 AAR steel-sheathed box car design between late 1936 and early 1942, so the shorter wood sheathed cars were on their way out. But the war time demands kept many in service.

IIRC, the 1943 L&N fleet also had a significant number of the shorter wood-sheathed cars in service. The L&N and C&O had a number of ventilated cars listed, too.

Eric Hansmann

El Paso, TX

On March 27, 2016 at 4:51 AM "fgexbill@... [STMFC]" <STMFC@...> wrote:

Gary, is there a reason it should not be in "good shape?" Date is 1943 BTW

Bill Welch