Re: Barge Cement

Geodyssey

I've been using Weldwood contact cement for various modeling & household projects for years.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/DAP-Weldwood-3-fl-oz-Original-Contact-Cement-00107/100195615

I there a solvent it can thined with?  I tried acetone, the Weldwood just balled up.

Thanks, Robert Simpson

---In STMFC@..., <cearnog@...> wrote :

On Mar 22, 2016, at 9:03 AM, Charles Peck lnnrr152@... [STMFC] wrote:

> How different is barge cement from Weldwood? Are we talking apples and oranges
> or is there some similarity?

Weldwood is (or at least was) a urea-formaldehide resin which, when set, formed a plastic. Barge cement, on the other hand, is a rubber-based contact cement similar to Goo.
--
"Not only is it not right, it's not even wrong!"
From Wolfgang Pauli, perpetrator of the Pauli Exclusion Principle