Re: Arch Bar Stencil On Boxcar (Surviving Boxcar)

thecitrusbelt@...

I found a Whatcom Museum but no Lake Whatcom Museum. The Whatcom Museum does not have the boxcar.

However, I did find a partial image of what probably is this car on this link from the Bellingham Daily Photo blog:

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-sE2-jjzTams/TXT5bTsDapI/AAAAAAAABHk/x_HgWE9FQYk/s1600/009.JPG

The caption reads, “A weathered railroad car sits by an old section of track near the south end of Lake Watcom”.

The location almost certainly is the Lake Watcom Railway (http://www.lakewhatcomrailway.com/index.htm) at N.P. Road, Sedro-Woolley (Wickersham), WA.

The website states, “The Lake Whatcom Railway is a dedicated living preservation of the Pacific Northwest's railway heritage…Some ancient wooden freight cars from the Great Northern Railway are also on the premises.”

Bob Chaparro

Hemet, CA