Re: Resource Books

mwbauers

Thanks. I just ordered it because of this.

I’d like to remind folks that similar early century editions fitting the early years of this group’s focus are also downloadable from Google Books, online. I don’t know if they are also available from a dvd-print source. Last I looked, the later editions like the ’40’s are only available on dvd and used book original print book sellers.

I prefer the digitized dvd versions. It’s much easier to store several of those, and print out any plan or page I need to work with.

Best to ya,
Mike Bauers
Milwaukee, Wi

On Mar 31, 2016, at 7:54 AM, gtws00 wrote:

I wanted to share with the group that there is a Digital Copy of the 1946 Car Builders Cyclopedia and others available on ebay or direct from Vintage Literature. The price of the 2 Disk Set was 6.97 plus 2.85 shipping. The quality of the scans are good. Over 1200 pages of drawings and pictures. They also have the 1909 and 1916 Railroad Car Dictionary as well for the same price. I found much needed info on construction and brakes I was looking for.

link to ebay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/1946-Car-Builders-Cyclopedia-Railroad-Railcar-Design-and-History-on-DVD-/171561886724?hash=item27f1e2a404:g:aoMAAOSw0vBUecmw

Hope this is new info for the group and not a repeat.

George Toman