From: WILLIAM PARDIE PARDIEW001@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Thu, Apr 7, 2016 5:18 pm
Subject: [STMFC] METAL BLACKENER

Decades ago there was a product on the market called Blackinit. The purpose of this product was to put a blue/black finish on metal. When the product initially come out it was advertised as an alternative to painting brass locomotives.
Ther was a replacement product that came on the market years later also called Blackinit. I tried this product several
years ago and found it to be unsatisfactory as it just rubbed off of gthe metal. I spoke to Richard Hendrickson at the time and he eleued to a similar experience.

In my stash of old products I found a partial bottle of the original product. I used it on a bell pull cord for a brass engine this morning. It worked perfectly. Does anyone know anything about the original formula?

Bill Pardie

Posted by: WILLIAM PARDIE <pardiew001@...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional