Re: A large tank as a heavy flat car load

Richard Brennan

At 01:00 AM 4/12/2016, modelsof1900@yahoo.com [STMFC] wrote:
Some time ago I found this picture of a really impressive and heavy load! See - Variable Density Tunnel - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
As I commented back in May 2013 (STMFC Message #116323)
Very Modellogenic!

-----------------------------------
To: STMFC@yahoogroups.com
From: Richard Brennan
Subject: Steampunk Easter Egg
Yahoo-Profile: rbrennan4

From the NASA Commons on Flickr:
"(February 3, 1922) The Variable Density Tunnel arrives by rail from
the Newport News Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company. "

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nasacommons/7605919454/

The short over-the-rails move would have been from the Newport News
docks to the nearby NACA (NASA predecessor) Langley Research Center.
The 1920-built flat is rated higher capacity than the somewhat
similar (and earlier) PRR F22.