New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet in Connecticut is six weeks away

Dave Owens

Hello all:

The 14th Annual New England/Northeast Prototype Modelers Meet (NERPM)
is scheduled for Friday and Saturday, June 3-4, 2016, at the Holiday
Inn in Enfield, Connecticut.

A clinic list has been posted to our website:
http://neprototypemeet.com/2016_tentative%20clinics.pdf

We’ve moved from the Canton Community Center to a larger and more
comfortable space that has allowed us to expand our clinic offerings
and provide a more comfortable space for the meet. We’ll have a large
model display room, select vendors, layout tours on Sunday and at
least one operating session on Thursday evening.

Railfanning is available minutes away on the CSX (former CR, PC, NYC,
B&A) Boston line and Amtrak's New Haven-Springfield, which also hosts
Connecticut Southern and Pan Am Railways trains. Railfanning hot spot
Palmer, Mass., where the old Central Vermont crosses the Boston line,
and Pan Am’s East Deerfield Yard aren’t too far off either.

The hotel is convenient to Bradley International Airport (BDL) in
Windsor Locks, and the hotel offers free shuttle service to and from
the airport. The hotel is also not far from the Windsor Locks, Conn.
and Springfield, Mass. Amtrak stations.

An added benefit of the move to the Holiday Inn is a place to gather
for after hours socializing. For those who stay at the hotel,
breakfast is included. There are a variety of nearby restaurants for
meal breaks.

Nearby attractions include the Basketball Hall of Fame and the
Springfield Armory Museum, the New England Air Museum in Windsor
Locks, the Mark Twain House and Wadsworth Atheneum in Hartford, and
many other attractions in Connecticut and Massachusetts.

The heart of any prototype modelers meet is the model display and we
ask that folks bring models to show. There is no judging, so please
don’t fear being held to an imaginary standard. All models, whether
they are complete or in-progress, are welcome and encouraged. Any
model related to model railroading – locomotives, freight cars,
passenger cars, structures, vehicles, dioramas – is welcome.

Our goal is for everyone to have a great time, pick up some new skills
and techniques, share information then go home inspired to do some
great model railroading.

On Friday and Saturday we’ll have a variety of clinics, including a
hands-on clinic by Don Valentine. Space will be limited and keep an
eye on our Facebook page and web page for details.

Others presenting clinics include Dave Messer, Kaylee Zheng, Ted
Culotta, Pierre Oliver, Ron Giordani, Ross Jack, Chip Syme, Mike Rose,
Tony Koester, Bill Schaumburg, Jim Schweitzer, Irv Thomae, Jim Dufour,
Kip Grant, Mal Houck, Carl Rose, John Greene, Pete McLachlan, David
Olesen, Bill Gill, Bruce Harrison, Dave Ramos, Craig Bisgeier, George
Barrett, Ron Poidomani, Andy Rubbo, Jered Slusser, Steve Cryan, Marty
McGuirk, John Garafalo, Bill Badger, Ted Shasta, Jeff Hanke, Tom
Nanos, Sudro Brown, Matthew Herman, Bob Fallowfield, Chris Adams, Rick
Abramson, Neil Schofield, Steve Funaro, Jay Held, Ramon Rhodes and
James VanBokkelen.

We expect to have many great vendors and manufacturers back,
including: Bob's Photo, Ron's Books, Bethlehem Car Works, Funaro &
Camerlengo, ESU Loksound, Atlas, Rapido, the Hobby Gallery, Greg
Gordon, True Line Trains, Shortline Products Speedwitch Media, Elgin
Car Shops, Tom’s Trains, Mike Bradley, Bergen National Laser, Steve
Cryan and several others.

We will again offer our popular white elephant table where you can
bring surplus items to try to sell them. There are limits on what and
how much you can bring. Please check our web page for details.

Layout open houses are scheduled for Sunday.

The host hotel is the Holiday Inn at 1 Bright Meadow Blvd. in Enfield,
Conn., just off exit 49 of I-91. The hotel is offering a special rate
for meet attendees of $104 a night, which includes breakfast. We hope
people who need lodging will stay at the hotel because we get credit
for each room and it helps us control the cost of using the hotel. Our
group code for the special rate is ARS. Here’s a link to the hotel
site: http://www.ihg.com/holidayinn/hotels/us/en/enfield/enfct/hoteldetail

We hope you’ll be able to join us at this year’s NERPM.

Admission is $30 in advance and $35 at the door.

For more information, contact Dave Owens at neprotomeet@gmail.com. Our
website is at http://nerpm.org/ and our Facebook page is at
https://www.facebook.com/NERPM/.

Thanks,