Re: [Railway_Bull_Shippers_Group] Re: Poultry Car Images

hubert mask

Post office still ships baby chicks.

Hubert Mask

On Apr 17, 2016, at 3:12 PM, Charles Peck lnnrr152@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

I cannot deny that US Post Office shipped baby chicks I do know that REA did a big business
in baby chicks with next day delivery to most locales.  I saw baggage carts stacked high with
boxes of chicks, 100 to the box I recall.  REA would accept them COD and sometimes there
would be unclaimed chicks to be sold the day after delivery.
But the Post Office? I just don't know about that, one way or the other.
Chuck Peck in FL

On Sun, Apr 17, 2016 at 2:00 PM, 'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

And don’t forget that baby chicks were shipped via the US Post Office in baggage and RPO cars. Perhaps stretching it for this list, but shows that other than poultry cars handled live poultry.

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org