Re: [Railway_Bull_Shippers_Group] Re: Poultry Car Images

Tom Vanwormer

Doug,
Actually the post office in Ben Franklin's days was a primary shipper of live chicks.  My wife was in the exotic bird business and often moved large numbers of finches via the USPS.
Tom VanWormer
Monument CO

'Douglas Harding' doug.harding@... [STMFC] wrote:

Chuck, I forgot about REA. They would have been a primary shipper of baby chicks in their day. But I was just in a Post Office two years ago in rural Iowa where baby chicks were waiting to be picked up, so I know the Post Office was or is involved. Could it be the USPS took over when REA disappeared?

Doug Harding

www.iowacentralrr.org