Re: Lettering for Swift reefers

David North

Any particular scheme or year?

Hi Tony,

Thanks, I need to put the brain in gear before typing.

The schemes I’m looking for are –

Yellow scheme with black lettering on wooden cars.

Swift Refrigerator Line, reporting mark and road number to the left of the doors.

And Refrigerator to the right of the doors.

Examples SRLX 4694, SRLX 18384

Red scheme with white lettering on both wooden cars and steel cars

Swift Refrigerator Line, reporting mark and road number to the left of the doors.

And SWIFT to the right of the doors.

Examples of wooden cars SRLX 6294, SRLX 4053

http://www.boxcars.us/Boxcars_M_Z/SQ-SZ/pages/image005.html

Examples of steel cars

SRLX 8521, SRLX 14953, SRLX 15213, SRLX 15392,

The photos I have are from magazines, so I can’t post them here.

Thanks in advance

Cheers

Dave North