Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2002 11:05:48 -0800
From: Richard Hendrickson
<rhendrickson@...>
Subject: Re: Re: Box Car Red case study

..."I wouldn't model that dirty UP loco
with the sparkling clean tender despite the
photographic evidence that it actually occurred."

Richard, Mike, Jared and all,

I'll keep this brief since it treads dangerously on
non-topical subject matter, namely steam locomotives
and not freight cars, but I feel that this comment in
general is relavent to the weathering topic we are on.

While it is true that it would be highly unusual to
see a grimy locomotive with a spotless tender, the
fact that during the summer in most locations (those
with actual humidity, not like here in the southwest
where humidity is a dream) one could actually see the
water level in the tender due to the fact that below
the water level the tender side would be wet from
condensation...I've seen this effect in numberous
photos. Now THAT would be an effect worth modeling!

=====
Bill Daniels
Tucson, AZ