Re: Boxcar End: What Kind?


In my research of boxcar ends I was never able to learn much about this one. I don't know if it had a commercial name but it is generally referred to as an art deco or waffle end. They were used on a group of boxcars built in 1937 for the Chesapeake & Ohio. For more information on car ends including this one go to

Join { to automatically receive all group messages.