Re: NYC 19000 Series Caboose

Seth Lakin

As Ray said American Model Builders has a laser cut kit of the 19000. See my article in the 1st Quarter 2015 NYCentral Modeler, about building the AMB kit.

Also the NYCSHS has an exclusive version of the AMB caboose with replacement plywood sides.

These kits go together easily with little modeling experience needed. After building a general box that has tab and slot construction, most all other pieces are adhesive backed wood that go together simply removing the backing and sticking the piece to the kit.  I also should say that my modeling efforts that were documented in the article led to the NYCSHS plywood offering.

Seth Lakin
Michigan City IN