Re: ADMIN: Mainline Modeler

Jared Harper

Mike,

I was wondering what was taking you so long to respond.

Jared Harper

---In STMFC@..., <brockm@...> wrote :

ADMIN: Guys,

For the last week or so, the STMFC has been the recipient of many thoughtful
comments regarding the "late" magazine, Mainline Modeler [MM]. Discussion
about this magazine is one of those things that lead to more rules than is
desired...i.e., an attempt to list those things that can be discussed and
those that cannot. In the case of MM, I'm not going to wade through the many
rules to determine its "in scope" evaluation and given that MM was a VERY
significant part of the development of prototype modeling, discussion about
it will be within scope until diminishing returns occur. We are going to
treat discussions about MM [ for the time being ] as if the magazine were a
frt car. Hence, the rules about frt cars will apply:

"Members are permitted to criticize or praise manufacturer's products free
from criticism from other members. Criticism of a manufacturer's business
practices is, however, not within the scope of the group."

So, the magazine's qualities may be criticized or praised free from
criticism by other members. In addition, the MM business practice's
including those by organizations performing associated functions such as
publishing archival information [ CD's ] are not within scope on the STMFC.
IOW, the cost of CD's regarding MM is out of scope...just as is the cost of
a particular model of a frt car.

Believe me, guys, this is best...and certainly best for the group owner [
me ].

Mike Brock
STMFC Owner