Re: Scale Etched Chains

Guy Wilber

Dennis wrote,

"I'm not sure I've seen many chains or load binders on WWII era loads."

Chain used for securing open top loads was virtually nonexistent during the time span of this list. The same exception holds true for cable. There were a couple of approved applications utilizing cable, it was often used to secure the rotating body of track mounted cranes, shovels or back hoes.

Dennis correctly points out that theft was one factor for not using chain; wire or metal strapping was less expensive and both were much easier to tension as well.

Regards,

Guy Wilber
Reno, Nevada