Re: Freight Commodity Statistics

Mark Mathu

What does "NOS" stand for in some of the summary table titles?
____
Mark Mathu

---In STMFC@..., <cnw1045@...> wrote :

Good evening all,

I created a new folder in the files area for transcribed ICC freight commodity statistics.  The ICC published these statistics yearly based on information filed by each Class 1 Carrier.  For each year, for each Class 1 Carrier, the number of tons of freight originated on line and terminated on line, originated on line and interchanged with other carriers, originated off line and terminated on line, and originated off line and interchanged with other carriers are listed.  I am simply typing these numbers into individual Excel spreadsheets (one for each commodity class) and thought this would be a good place to archive this data for interested researchers (although numerous, these files are very small compared to the total amount of file space).