Re: Friction Bearings

Timothy Sostak

Please remove this email from your group.

On Sunday, June 5, 2016 11:35 AM, "Jeffrey White jrwhite@... [STMFC]" wrote:

I am looking at IC Employee Timetable for the Chicago Champaign Districts (Illinois Division) Number 59 Effective Tuesday, December 14, 1948.  In the Special Instructions on page 21 it says this:
920. Trains shown below when handling one or more cars with friction bearing journals, will stop and make inspection as follows:
Trains Nos. 53-52-5-6 at Kankakee, Champaign and Mattoon.
Trains Nos. 19-20-21-22 at Kankakee and Gibson City.
Trains Nos. 17 and 18 at Gibson City when handled by Diesel Engines.
So at least the IC used the term "friction bearings" in their official publications.
Jeff White
Alma, IL

On 6/5/2016 3:43 AM, therrboomer@... [STMFC] wrote:

 I spent 40+ years on four different railroads and it was Roller Bearing or Friction Bearing on each of them.

Dick Haave