Re: NYCSHS Central Headlight 2nd Qtr 2016 - NYC Automobile Cars 1...

Fran, If Ben did not answer this already, the 70000-70999 did not have end doors. I checked my 1954 Equipment Register. The closest C&BT kit would be one with the 4/4 Improved Dreadnaught Ends and as Ben mentioned Archer rivets.

Rich Christie

On Tuesday, June 7, 2016 11:01 AM, "frangiacoma@... [STMFC]" wrote:

Greg ,
My eyes thought they saw hinges on the end on right side of the boxcar.
Supplementing my original question a few posts back, I would like to model a steel, 40' auto car with end doors for my 1956 era layout.
Which model is a good starting point and which Westerfield doors mentioned in my previous post (if any) would work?
Thanks.
Fran Giacoma