From: 'Gatwood, Elden SAW' elden.j.gatwood@... [STMFC] [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Thu, Jun 16, 2016 1:31 pm
Subject: RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: [STMFC] RE: Pittsburgh's PRR Kenny Yard and steel traffic - the Barriger collection

Thanks for the feedback, Ben!

-----Original Message-----
From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Thursday, June 16, 2016 1:11 PM
To: STMFC@...

Elden Gatwood wrote:
"Here is another great yard shot that once again, points to the specificity of every yard: Union RR yard in front of Edgar Thompson (Thomson) Works:
Blockedhttps://www.flickr.com/photos/barrigerlibrary/12297147784/in/album-72157640479876345/

"To left we have some unknown scrap gons. Can any sharp eyes pick out the end lettering? Whose hopper is that?"

No luck with the gons - the photo's pretty fuzzy, even looking at the original size file. Possibly L&N on the second gon. The hopper could be B&LE. Lots of B&LE 90-ton offset triples in this photo - good thing the Ulrich offset triples are stil l easy to find, though upgrading them with separate details would be a pain.

"Then a string of gons and tank cars. There is one URR gon, a PRR G32 or G34, another URR gon, then one gon that baffles me. Whose is that? CG?"

Correct - it's a Central of Georgia gon. Starting point in HO would be the Accurail gon (or the old Tyco gon if you want to use them up).

"What an assortment! What are those Linde cars doing here? I didn't think they were doing oxygen injection down here in this timeframe..."

Doesn't have to be oxygen - they could be carrying other industrial gases.

Ben Hom

Posted by: "Gatwood, Elden SAW" <Elden.J.Gatwood@...>

<*> Your email settings:
Individual Email | Traditional