Re: An Easy kit-bash using the Accurail 8-panel SS car

Marty McGuirk

Jeff,

Check my blog (type "42000" in the search field) - there might be photos showing the roofs clearly enough (I can't access the blog at work and simply don't remember what photos are there). Like the other cars delivered to the CV and GTW at the same time they all had Hutchins roofs.

Both Funaro and Sunshine make resin kits for these cars. The roofs in both look like a good representation of the prototype so I'd use them and be done with it.

F&C did offer the car in both the "as built" and extended roof heights - for the GTW use the original height.

Marty McGuirk