Re: AC&F covered hoppers

Mike Brock <brockm@...>

Bruce Smith writes:

Any other details I need to change to make them AC&F Erie
LOs?
Bruce, not being Erie literate, I'm not sure. You might want to be sure you
put 70 ton trucks under it just in case a "truck checker" comes by. If you
want the car to be a big hit, you could make the latching mech actually
operate...like I did on my UP CH-70-1 E&B Valley rebuild. It actually is
kind of neat...I may have showed it to you during Prototype Rails last Jan.
I also made the hatches so they could be opened. You can use it on a train
and also position it with some hatches open.

Good luck. Oh. Be sure and bring it down to Prototype Rails next yr.

Mike Brock