From: webotkin@... [STMFC]
To: STMFC
Sent: Wed, Jul 13, 2016 3:02 pm
Subject: [STMFC] Color for Structural Steel Loads

I am building some structural steel loads for flat cars and gons for my 1950's ear railroad.  Modern loads of structural steel, such as I-beams and H-columns, have a dark bluish-gray color with some evidence of rust on the ends and edges.  However, I have not been able to find photos of similar loads from the 1950's era and wondered if the steel loads from that era basically looked the same as modern-day steel or is modern structural steel treated somehow that results in the dark bluish-gray color?

Thanks.

Bill Botkin
Centennial, CO