From: destorzek@... [STMFC]
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2016 2:24 PM
To: STMFC@...
Reply To: STMFC@...
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Ice Bunker Reefers: Preventing Mold & Mildew (Open Hatch Covers)

---In STMFC@..., wrote :

Regarding whether bunkers ever dried out I am wondering how many days with a heater in them would it take for a bunker to "dry out?"

Probably about forever, since there was no ventilation (remember, cars in heater service were placarded "POISON FUMES") so no place for the water to go. I can envision the water just condensing back out as it contacted cooler surfaces of the car interior.

No one has answered my previous question; Has anyone run into specifications for a cleaning solution to be used while cleaning the cars? That would be the answer to mold and mildew.

Dennis Storzek