Re: Color for Structural Steel Loads

Greg Martin

Rich,

You're right and as I remember the steel moving from American Bridge has their name on each piece as well. I remember them moving down river from Conway, PA.

Greg Martin

Norman Maclean

In a message dated 7/13/2016 8:45:32 P.M. Pacific Daylight Time, STMFC@... writes:

To some extent it depends on manufacturer.  American Bridge painted everything a bright orange.  J&L painted it black.  These are the two I am currently modeling and have researched loads from the early 50's to get the color and logos correct.  Other products such as pipe from McKeesport Tube works of US Steel were black.  Christy works were gray (mostly bomb casings for DOD).  Plate steel tended to be raw steel.

Rich Orr