Re: DRILLING FOR TRAIN LIN

Tom Madden

We were waiting for it to start. Yo Yo Ma and the Silk Road Ensemble, "Music With Strangers". Wonderful film. Couple of shots of an elevated portion of the NYC subway system, but no STMFC content.

But here's some. Allowing for pipe and rod routing is something patternmakers should be aware of. In my design clinic I stress that there's a difference between resin kit patterns created by scratchbuilders, and those created by designers. A scratchbuilder creates patterns for kits he will assemble; a designer creates patterns for kits someone else will assemble. Adding dimples for hole locations, or keying parts so they self-align complicates things for the patternmaker, but it greatly simplifies things for the 100 or more modelers who buy the kit. We tried to do that with the Resin Car Works acid tank car kits, and with the Semet-Solvay tank car kit Pierre will have at Collinsville/St. Louis.

Tom Madden