Re: Adventures in Finding Small Files—an update

Charles Peck

Bill, perhaps watchmakers use the terms differently but as a machinist, reamers and broaches work differently.
Both modify the size or shape of a hole but a reamer cuts with a rotary action. A broach is pushed or pulled
through a hole cutting in a linear fashion.
At least this is true of all that I have used.  I now expect someone to come up with the exception.
Chuck Peck

On Thu, Jul 28, 2016 at 4:15 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

​

As a bonus I have also seen some really small reamers or broaches using the term watchmakers use.

Bill Welch