Re: Weathered box cars

Tim O'Connor

Coarse dry brushes over a recent wash or wet brushes, both with pigments,
dry sponges, micro brushes (wet or dry), and sometimes just my finger...
whatever it takes. I like to mix it up. Also I find that doing less at one
time is better than trying to do it all at once. Some cars I have revisited
several times over a period of years.

To paraphrase Dory "just keep weathering"

Tim O'

I'm sorry to disappoint you but no airbrushes were used to weather these models. I can't recall how broad or long the brushes were for the wash applications. I'm away from home for a few days and can't peek around my work areas.

Micro brushes were used to streak PanPastels. Sponges were used to apply broader PanPastel applications.

Eric Hansmann