Re: Anyone know the railroad that owns the flat car? Is it CT&SE?

John Degnan <Scaler164@...>

I zoomed in on the photo and that "CT" looks much more like a "C.W..." or a "C.V..." to my eyes.

John Degnan

From: "blindog@... [STMFC]"
To: STMFC@...
Sent: Thursday, July 28, 2016 12:05:20 AM
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Anyone know the railroad that owns the flat car? Is it CT&SE?

It appears that the letters "CT" appear just to the left of the
car number, the rest obscured by one of the men, so yes, I'd say
it was a Chicago Terra Haute & Southeastern car, and the photo
appears to be from before the Milwaukee purchased the Southeastern.
The CT&SE was the only road that I'm aware of that called itself
just the "SOUTHEASTERN" on its cars.

The Texas South-Eastern, which still exists as far as I know, is
a paper mill shortline that has always spelled out its full name
on its cars, when it bothered to do so at all.

Yes, I do hope those men have given some thought to easing that pipe
off that car, and not being in its path....  Murphy's Law and all.

Scott Chatfield