Re: Adventures in Finding Small Files—an u pdate

riverman_vt@...

---In STMFC@..., <lnnrr152@...> wrote :

Bill, perhaps watchmakers use the terms differently but as a machinist, reamers and broaches work differently.
Both modify the size or shape of a hole but a reamer cuts with a rotary action. A broach is pushed or pulled
through a hole cutting in a linear fashion.
At least this is true of all that I have used.  I now expect someone to come up with the exception.
Chuck Peck

Hi Chuck,

    I'd be surprised to hear of an exception because the way you have described the difference is exactly
the way I have heard and understood the issues all my life as well.

Cordially, Don Valentine