Re: Stars On Boxcar Door?

Jack Mullen

I don't believe hat this is a steel-sheathed car. I think he darkness of the image tends to conceal board joints, but there is one fairly obvious horizontal line just below the level of the uppermost ladder rung.

I tentatively identify the car as a T&P 61xxx series 40' auto car. Lettering on the door, partly cut off at the top of the image suggests T&P reporting marks. The 3720 cu ft capacity marking matches this series of cars. What details are visible of the doors, door stops, side truss, and ladder are a match.

Jack Mullen