From: STMFC@... [mailto:STMFC@...]
Sent: Friday, August 05, 2016 4:03 AM
To: STMFC <STMFC@...>
Subject: Re: [STMFC] Re: Problems With Messages

Wouldn't surprise me if Yahoo pulled the plugs on groups entirely. And I suspect if it happens it will be with little, if any, warning.

If that did happen, I'm sure we'd all find one another eventually. The larger concern is what would happen to the tremendous repository of knowledge that's been collectively built up over the 14+ years this group has been active.

A while back we had some discussion that asked (I'm paraphrasing) -

"What would replace STMFC Yahoo group as a community platform?" and

"What would happen to the information currently on STMFC if Yahoo groups went away?"

As I recall, our esteemed administrator decided such a discussion, limited specifically to STMFC and not Yahoo in general, was within scope for STMFC -

But I'm not sure if we ever came up with any answers.

Marty McGuirk