Re: Is There A Database for Dan Hall's Door Usage

O Fenton Wells

On Fri, Aug 5, 2016 at 7:10 PM, fgexbill@... [STMFC] <STMFC@...> wrote:

In looking through my photo collection I have identified two 1/87 models so far I want to build using Dan Hall's very fine doors:

—A 1947 Blt. 40-ft. Monon Welded car with a 7-panel Superior door—this is actually fairly far along using a C&BT body sanded down. I am almost ready to apply Archer model aircraft panel line decals to replicate the weld lines.

—A 1942 Blt. Southern 40-ft 10'6" high riveted car using the InterMountain kit and Red Caboose roof with DH's 5-panel Superior doors.

I am aware of the DH door usage for ATSF and SP models. This leaves me wondering what the other possibilities are? Is there a database somewhere specifically for using Mr. Halls doors?

Alternatively are there individuals here that have identified a model or models they plan to build with these doors that they would like to tell us about?

Thank you!

BIll Welch

--
Fenton Wells